Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Treasure hunting and finding

Looooooook at all my shiny treasures! I can't believe I scored all this for about $40!! The most expensive thing was $12.50 but they gave us a discount for paying in cash. Gotta love the bf for shelling it all out for me so I could take these lovelies home!



This great silver bag was only 9 bucks and has an awesome art-deco vibe going on.  Not sure at all what time period it comes from, but my googling tells me that it's probably a 60's knock-off of the art-deco style.  I don't care though...

...I mean...look at how precious the inside is!

And this silver belt is also fantastic but has absolutely no labels or markings of any kind but I found a bunch of the same belt on Etsy and they all say it's from the 70s.  I have so many dresses and skirts to wear this with it's stupid.

This purse has to be my favorite of all the treasures - it has a label inside that says "Made in Belgium" and from my internet searching I was able to learn that in the 20's France and Belgium were the top-end producers of these types of beaded bags.  This one has a strap on the back for a belt, and I just think it's precious.  Similar ones people were selling online cost upwards of $70 so for just 10 bucks I'd say I definitely scored here.  Thanks again Danny-face.

And this is the same hat that made an appearance earlier that I snagged for my cousin, Molly, and I have high hopes it'll get used in a vintage wedding inspiration shoot one day! It is in such great condition and I can't wait to see what she does with it!

And here is a shot of all the treasures...guess I was really feeling the cream and silver.  It's such a great color palette. 

I can't wait to do another trip but I must hold off until after Christmas when I have spaces that need decorating and outfits that need accessorizing. Then I'll have an actual excuse to shop for myself again instead of shopping for Xmas presents.  Has anyone else ever gotten this lucky at one of those giant never-ending antique malls? There are so many along I-70 and I always feel overwhelmed and like I could spend hours there.

No comments:

Post a Comment