Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My little brother is engaged!

The word little should really be in quotes because he outgrew me sometime in high school but he'll always be "little" to me.  But anyway...Daniel made the plunge this weekend and asked his lovely girlfriend, Lindsey, to marry him.  Since she lives in Texas and not nearly all of our very large and all Missouri-located family had met her yet, I decided to take my old party planning skills out of my back pocket and put them to good use for a little engagement soiree.  I stole some things from her Pinterest account for inspiration and then also used the fact that they've taken about a million pics together to make some cute little banners.  I snapped a couple pics before everyone got there so here you go - it's nothing super fancy but I think it turned out pretty sweet - just like the two of them!

It was just champagne and deserts, so this table was the centerpiece of everything.


I also made a little station where people could write them a note for their wedding day. 

Another shot of the table/banner - thanks to the bf for helping me with those banners! I don't have a wider shot of the room because it's still kind of under construction (an addition to my parents' house) but there were two more banners with just pics on the two walls adjoining this one and they took kind of forever to make!

A close-up of the cupcakes (ordered from Hy-vee and delicious!) and a quote stolen from Winnie The Pooh via her Pinterest account.

And here's the happy couple - cue the collective "awwww."

And a little table just for them...that they never once sat down at but at least it looked cute.

And the bf and I attempting to take a pic together (4th or 5th try was a charm) so I could show my matching outfit, but the pic is so dark you can't tell that my dress is purple and my tights are grey too.

I had such a great time planning this for them and I am so overjoyed to be gaining a sister in Lindsey - good job little bro, good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment