Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Office wall art

My office was extremely cell-like when I first moved in and I've slowly been making some changes to help me not feel so terrible about spending hours upon hours there every day. The first big improvement was a new paint color, and recently I made a funky mismatched frame wall to spice things up!

I started by arranging the frames on my floor into a grouping I liked.

Then I took the paper I'd made marks on and taped it up to the wall and put nails in all the right places.

Once the paper came down the frames (and a big W for Wolpers-that's my building) went up!  You can't really see the wall color in these shots, but it's a very nice blue-ish gray that is a vast improvement from the manilla color they used to be.


I love it! From left to right, you see:
  • A vintage clock that my Mom had in her first apartment ever
  • A mini-frame from Hobby Lobby (50% off of course) with a picture of me and some of my staff members
  • A mod-podged frame I did in college with a picture of me and Danny
  • A clearance frame from Macy's featuring a shot of me and friends in Miami
  • A tiny frame with a very old college pic,
  • A glorious gold frame from a thrift store in jeff city featuring one of my favorite pics of me and my cousins
  • 2 cheap wal-mart frames in the taupe and silver variety and that's me and Danny then me and my grad school friends in each of them
  • An awesome crochet tiger also thrifted locally
  • And a recylced wooden frame I scored on sale from Macy's with a picture of the whole fam!
  • The lamp and the big W are from Hobby Lobby too...always a favorite for the 50% off sale!

I also found some really pretty fabric at the Hobby Lobby and covered a bulletin board that hangs on the other wall.


Overall I think it's a major improvement! I love having pics of friends and family to look at thought the day instead of just a blank wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment